Sunday, August 21, 2022

The weekend with Beervana and a Welsh Dragon burger

 Friday's beervana was good - I saw a heap of people that I hadn't caught up with for ages. But I think it's peaked for me to be honest. I feel like I've tried every variation upon malt, hops, yeast and various other ingredients the Germans wouldn't let you put in. 

Still, good fun.

I learned that REAL TACOS START OFF FLAT

And here is a man riding a giant chicken
He had friends riding actual Moa, too. Amazing.

Saturday I met Janine for lunch at the Welsh Dragon and yet another burger. Not an official Burger on a Plate burger - their Cost of Living burger which they sell for the exact price of the ingredients - $9.76 - and have a donation box for City Mission for you to pay what you think the margin should be.


After some fantastical creations this week I really enjoyed it. A nice simple burger with nice simple ingredients (though the Welsh Rarebit on top was different!) done to perfection with all the flavours a burger should have. I might go back for more.

Meanwhile the rains continue to come down and the hills continue to slip away.


Angela has had a 'perfect' last day

It's now Sunday morning. Angela is en route from Geraldine to Christchurch and then home. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment