Monday, August 29, 2022

The weekend with a bit of painting

 Hi,

On Friday I caught up with Andrew in the morning and then Jo C for lunch at The Lab.  Good to see her - it has been ages.  They are all well. I hope we get to see them soon - especially as they have travel plans to visit SA.  I want to see those pics!

Iced latte at Mojo with Andrew

Smudge and Moxley are touching - sort of

Lunch at The Lab with Jo

After work, Mike got home and we ordered pizza from Hell as Sarah and Ryan came over.  We chatted to them and ate our way through a mountain of pizza.  

Off to bed and up lazily the next morning.  I did get brekkie in bed - ta Mike.

Brekkie in bed

Moxley winking at me under the duvet

Smudge claims her spot

Off to Epuni by midday to get undercoat on all the interior windows and some of the exterior ones too.  Where needed. We got hungry so Mike went off to get supplies from Mitre10 and some food.  Mmmm.

Iced latte at Epuni

Sanding

A coat on the big window

Back to Sally and Andrew's place afrter we'd finished the undercoat.  Takes a while to dry that stuff.  Watched a movie with them and got some food delivered.  :-)  Thirteen Lives - about the Thai football team of young boys stuck in the cave due to heavy monsoonal rains.

Home to bed.  And up for a rinse and repeat.  We went to Maccas for brekkie.  But my iced latte came with sugar.  So much sugar.  I couldn't drink it.  Why doesn't their menu say:  Sweet iced latte - and then I'd know to customise it and remove the sugar.  Yuck!


Maccas iced latte - 2/10 - why did they add sugar?

Ready for top coat

We got top coat on all the windows.  And a second top coat on the sun room windows.  Yay!  Home to get ready to visit Christine and John in their place in Island Bay.

Mike's Tim Tam slam

Well, hello there!

What a lovely apartment/townhouse they live in!  I would totally live there.  We had a great meal - however Christine either doesn't remember or didn't know I am vegetarian.  I may have had my first chicken meal for 6 years last night.  I didn't want to say anything.  And as Mike said, that chicken had already been fed and watered and died for that meal.  And it was delicious.  I am a vegetarian for sustainable reasons, after all.  Meat tastes great to me.  Although it is certainly no longer anything I really miss.

It was so good to chat to Christine and meet John.  She is doing well - as many of my readers will be keen to know (and by readers, I mean my mother mainly!).

We stayed there for ages - but eventually I was starting to get sleepy.  We headed home - and I am so keen to see her again soon.  I reckon Kara would enjoy her company.  Must sort that out.

At home - got ready for bed.  Slept well - I can finally sleep on my right hand side for a short while.  Yay for getting better.  It is nowhere near as sore as it was.

Woke with a scratchy throat and a slightly runny nose.  RAT was negative.  Let me keep an eye on that.

I read the very sad news this morning that Mike's Aunty Claire has passed away - Sunday morning.  She was almost 96. She was always so gracious and welcoming, whenever we met up. All the memories become precious.

Take care.  


Love,

Angela

1 comment:

  1. Sad to hear that Mike's aunt passed. Condolences from us. Is she from Mike's mum's family. Yes, I am pleased to hear Christine is doing well. Very happy for her. Love ma. ♥️ love

    ReplyDelete