Monday, August 8, 2022

The weekend in Wellington

 Hi,

Despite a weekend in Wellington, it feels like we were busy over the weekend.  Let's see - what did we do?

Friday I got brekkie in bed - which was a huge surprise.  Mike worked from home on Friday, and didn't go to his usual 'Potato cakes' breakfast - so I guess he had time which he doesn't often have on a Friday morning.  Thank you.

Home made iced latte on Friday

Brekkie in bed from Mike

Surrounded by cats

Love how Smudge droops over me

Treadmill time

I got out to the gym to meet Khemry on Friday afternoon.  Did some treadmill and bike with her before attempting bench.  Turns out I have no idea how to teach bench as Khemry couldn't even lift the bar.  I am sure with the right technique she could do it.  Hope she asks Quentin.

Back home and we went out to collect burgers and go see Sarah, Hamish and Ryan.  Chatted to them for a bit and then wandered back home

Saturday iced latte

Up Saturday - no park run for us.  But we did get out to get sushi and some groceries and PB Tech stuff sorted.

Sushi for lunch - Toby's fave

Toby and Tessa have a cheeky pint

Toby and Tessa sent us a pic of them at Punky Brewster in Christchurch.  Glad they got out and about.  :-)  I miss Toby.  

Saturday evening saw Elly and Tom pop over for tea.  Vegetarian lasagne and Elly made dessert.  Mmmm.  We caught up with their news.  Elly is off to Europe soon for a month of visiting.  I hope she enjoys it.

Moxley worshipping the sun

Sunday saw us chilling with some sunshine in the morning.  But by the time we headed to the gym just after midday, it was starting to cloud over with spots of rain.  I got a 30 minute run on the treadmill in and we did some bench.  Woot!

Moxley next to me

Treadmill run

Then over to Epuni to put filler into the interior holes in the new windows.  It didn't take too long. We now need to go back and sand and fill anything else before we can start the first undercoat.  Sweet!

And put some primer on the bare wood outside,
like the ends of the window sills 

Started following the Sampson clan on Strava - they are getting out and about for walks, runs and bike rides.  It is quite motivating and I hope to catch up with them and see if we can get some running in.  I did enjoy the running with Jase on Kawau Island many Christmases ago. One of the best running spots I think I have had the pleasure of experiencing.  And firmly matched with time with Jason.

Laura's Facebook timeline showed her a pic with me in it!


Mike put Moxley's favourite TV channel on.
It kept her fascinated for hours.

Back home and we had tea and then watched some YouTube videos together.  Around 9pm I started to feel unwell.  And sure enough - had a very upset tummy for a bit.

But - off to bed.  And a good sleep.  Still feeling slightly upset - but I ate brekkie and it all seems fine.  Yay!  

Time to only eat dry toast, I think.  Hahah.

Have a great week!

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment