Wednesday, November 8, 2023

The Tuesday with quiz night

 Hi,

I believe I failed to write a blog yesterday. Wow. How odd. But it was a different morning routine at work to usual. We had a mihi whakatau for a new person starting and it was such a great way to start this new chapter in my work's direction, internally. Goosebump stuff. Especially when I heard Myra do the karanga. Wow.

PT time Tuesday morning

I show off my guns!

Work iced latte with Helen

I had a busy day after that at work. Had an urgent piece of work surface up. So it is all hands to that. Shaping it up to see if we can nail it!

And it was Melbourne Cup. Work had a sweep so I bought two horses for me and Mike for $2 a horse. No idea of the horses. Pulled out #2 and #15. So assumed 15 was a donkey and gave it to Mike. Hahah. Both of them were far from the winning post. I could see the jockey on my horse had the experience not to push his animal when it was obvious it would have no hope of a finish. So that is good.


Work shows the Melbourne Cup for me. My horse is still running

At Mean Doses quiz

Walked to Mean Doses after Mike and Janine's run. Andrew and Kara joined us. And the combo was a winning one.

And we won!

Our joker round was the last round - Geography. And we were a few points adrift of the leaders when we hit the penultimate round. But the leaders had played their joker already. And when we got a good score in a tricky geography round, it was going to be close. 3 teams had this round as their joker.

But it was tricky. And we actually did the best in that round. We got 9 right. Which, to be honest, I did not pick because it was tough. And not really geography, really.

The scores came out, with added drama for tension from Dave, and we were in front by 4. Woot! Bar tab for us for next time.

Got an Uber home with a very nice chap. And home to bed.

Up for a bike ride in and Spin after work I hope.

Take care.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment