Monday, November 13, 2023

The weekend in Wellington

 Hi,

In popping the weekend pics in here, I have to say, today is serving up all the content my loyal readers want. Cats, mainly. But iced lattes too. Natch!

Friday I got stuck into the big pile of mulch leftover from the gardening work Allworks did on our bottom garden. I carried it up to the side garden in two rubbish bags. Took many trips. I had to build a wee platform to get up and down the retaining wall.

Mulch pile Friday

Spread on side garden

Looks good!

But by the end, it looked pretty good on the side garden. And it meant when Mike got home from work, we did not have to do it. He could chill.

Toby had his last exam for his degree. He had a bit of a moment when he discovered he'd lost his cheat sheet (it had to be pre-approved, so he couldn't just create a new one). But he said he probably did ok. So fingers crossed for his results now. Good on you, Toby!


Friday was so productive - I also found my road bike computer

Hunted for my bike computer - and found it! In the sunglasses case with my road bike sunnies. So it made sense to put them there. But I had forgotten that. Charged it up and it seems to be working fine.


Groceries arrived

Groceries arrived. Yay!

Mike got home after work.

Off to bed.

Up Saturday to find Mike was a little washed out with a headache. Potentially he had a migraine during the night. But, Elly was ready to get picked up for Park Run. So off we went to get her. And the painkiller kicked in, so Mike did the park run with Elly. Gorgeous day for it. And Mike smashed it. Under 30 mins for his first park run in ages.

Meanwhile, I did a wee 2km run on the treadmill and did some bench work.

Saturday gym for me

Mike did a fast park run

We got some coffees and pastries and enjoyed a chat with Sally and Andrew in their backyard. Then off home to get the ladder and gutter brush thingy and off to Tetahi Bay to clean Elly's gutters. She has a broken wee finger (in 2 places! and dislocated!) so made banana muffins while we used the ladder to check her gutters.

We got iced latte from Fix Federation bakery

Enjoyed a backyard chat

Showered in petals

Zucchini plant progress pic

Mike and Elly check out the hens

After the gutter inspection

Then home to relax before joining Sally and Andrew for fish n chips on Petone beach. The wind had a wee chill to it. But it was lovely.

Fish n chips (and ginger beer) on Petone beach

Likely lot, eh?

Up Sunday (slowly) for brekkie in bed. And then Mike got a migraine! So back to bed he went. And I moved more mulch around the garden. The top garden has now been mulched.

Sunday brekkie for Mike

Moxley snoozing

So we had a busy weekend. Got lots done. Mike got his migraine. And in the evening we binged watched For All Mankind. We must have watched 4 episodes.

I sense a lot of TV in our near future in the evenings.

Monday morning as I type this - and I just noticed my throat is not sore. First time in almost 2 weeks! Yay!

Hope your weekend was good fun.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment