Thursday, November 9, 2023

The Wednesday with Spin

 Hi,

Remembering Vivienne today on her birthday. xx

I finally got to Spin after work last night. 6pm session. The gym at Thorndon was quiet - there were even car spaces in their car park. And there were only 5 punters in the spin class. And 3 of them came together. Lucky they all decided they wanted spin.

Rode home. Fed the starving cats. Ate something myself. Mike got home. And we went to bed.

Spin last night

Up to a lovely morning here in Wellington. No wind. Dry roads. Fantastic ride in. Then off to the gym. 47.5kg squats. 8 reps x 5 sets. My legs will feel that later.

Then bench. What? Yes, I had an hour today (some swap with Mike - I dunno). 40kg bench. 3 reps x 5 sets. Also killed me.


Bench this morning

Is it really?

Down to accessories under the "Ability is limitless" sign. Which annoys me. Because it is patently not true. Ability has a limit. You can improve your ability. But it is not limitless. What would I change it to? Hmmmmm. Well, it can't say "ability is limited, just try harder". That is Angela's gym of hard knocks. Not sure it would be a winner. Maybe "Improve your ability". There!

Anyway. It is Thursday. My weekend starts in 8 hours. Woot! I did not get my road bike out at all last weekend. And we have a Wellington weekend this weekend. So I will try and get that sorted. Maybe Friday I can fossick around and get it ready, find all the bits. It still has my ticket from round Taupo in 2019 on it. So that might indicate how long it has been up on its hooks in the garage.

Otherwise, park run for Mike. Gym for me (and hopefully Sally). And things around the house. Oohh - tonight when I get home I need to plant out the zucchini plant Celia gave me. I can't wait! I hope it is as successful as Celia's plant.

Have an awesome day and a better weekend.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment