Monday, June 29, 2009

Good morning on Mon, June 29

Hi,

What a whirlwind weekend. Let's see. Saturday I took Toby swimming while Mike went into work to get ready for the conference this week that he is presenting at. Then Toby and I went shopping and bought presents for the multitude of parties were were about to attend this weekend.

After lunch the first party kicked in and Toby and I drove to Island Bay to meet Ashwin for his 5th birthday. Great fun. Toby was overwhelmed a bit by the 29 children in the community hall and spent a bit of time outside (I am having privacy time - he told me). But he held his own when he had to.

The rest of Saturday was the calm before the storm as we had three birthdays to celebrate on Sunday. We started with brunch for Mum's birthday and Sally volunteered her place. Sally cooked up a storm and we ate lavishly.

Then we were off to Karori Pool for Zoe's birthday. This was a pool party and Toby loved it. He was the only boy invited to the party and was surrounded by 12 girls constantly. He also got a little alone time in the big pool for 15 minutes at one stage too. Toby was a big hit at this bash and it was difficult to get him away. However, he changed himself at the start in the men's changing rooms and again at the end. It seemed to take ages at the end waiting for him and I remembered how much he likes standing under a hot shower. So I sent Pete in (Zoe's Dad) but Toby was just coming out. I was very proud of the fact that despite pushing the shower button in 20 times (that's what he said) he did get out and get dressed by himself. Good on him.

Then we were off to Te Papa for Evan's birthday. I went to work to listen to Mike's presentation which is coming along nicely. Then I went home to prepare dinner. Kara came around and Mike collected Toby from the end of Evan's party and we all ate and had a good time.

So, now I am exhausted and have a busy week ahead at work. I have a release tomorrow night and a conference to attend at the end of the week. Busy. Mike has something to show off at the conference too. Heheheheh. Look here: http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/tab3.aspx?EventID=714444 He's speaking with famous people!

Have a great week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment