Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Good morning on Tues, June 9

Hi,

Keas went quite well last night considering we were ill prepared (read, not). Mike had a brainwave and took the kids outside in the cool, crisp, moonlit night and used my bike light to take them searching quietly for hedgehogs in the undergrowth. They also played indoor soccer and other mad games. We told the story of the Jungle Book and the kids acted out the parts.

Tuesday is the off night. Thank goodness. Mike will collect wee Toby from after school care and take him home to cook up spag bol. Yum!

I have loads of work to do. Typical development here. It is due on Friday (but they have accepted an extension) but I have only just got the design this morning, 6 days after development started. All a bit frustrating. So now I have to spend ages shoe horning it all together. Here's hoping. Maybe it'll all work by 1700 today. Who knows?

The weather is not quite as nice this morning. Cold again - 4 degrees when I got out of bed. But I put thermal gloves under my bike gloves and my hands were toasty pie warm all the way in! Rain is expected this afternoon (or sooner looking out the window now).

I have my tramping plan for the weekend now. We have some side rivers to cross and rain is expected so we may have to change our plans (but the leader doesn't expect so). I need to carry 2 onions, 4 carrots and 2 cans of tuna. And my gear. And my food. And tramp for hours at a pace I am unsure about. Heheheheh. Should be fun though.

Have a marvellous day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment