Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Good morning on Wed, June 17

Hi,

Back at work and the manic, breakneck pace has picked up where it left off after Toby was sick on Monday and I had a day off yesterday with Mike for his birthday!

Mike will head home at 1615 to take Toby to karate today as he is on early shift. I dropped Toby off at school with his medicine in a syringe in his lunchbox. Heheheheh. Odd contents in his lunch today, that's for sure! Hopefully he remembers to take it.

We have snow on the Rimutaka hills surrounding the harbour and it looks very pretty. A high of 9 is forecast today. Brrr. My cold is hanging on so I took the bus in. Soft, I know!

Yesterday Mike and I had fun. We dropped Toby off at Mum's place as he was much better but probably worth keeping him off school one more day. Then Mike and I went in for a movie - it was starting later than we thought so Mike got a coffee in and perked up quite a bit. The movie was great - Terminator Salvation. I thought it was fabulous. Way better than Terminator 3 (I can't remember any of that one!). Then we had lunch at Monsoon Poon and Mike really enjoyed that. Then we wandered around Borders for a while. A perfect day. Ta Ma!

So, we're all much better. My body has recovered from the tramp into the Tararuas and I can hardly feel my sore muscles anymore. I can now get membership sorted at the club! Woo hoo! Toby can do his last overnight tramp in the spring and we'll all be members.

Roll on a ski trip up to the mountain! Toby and I can't wait!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment