Tuesday, March 29, 2011

About a 6 out of 10 performance this morning

... Toby slept in this morning - until 7:50am! -  but he did pretty well getting himself ready.  He was grumpy for the first 5 min or so (which I can completely understand and sympathise with) but came right very quickly.  He ate his breakfast well but created a bit of a delay by making toast. (He just goes off and makes his own toast, with honey but no butter, which I'm pretty happy with).

So in the end I was ready but waiting for him.  I filled in time by putting away camping things from the weekend, and tidying a bit.  Toby volunteered to walk to school by himself, since he'd made me late!  (Actually we got off pretty well on time).  Then he ran (at 16 km/h) to keep up with me as I cycled along the road to his school.

Beautiful ride down the hill - fine, clear and calm.  Wonderful views of the still blue harbour and the mountains behind, shadowed and layered ridge by ridge to the south Wairarapa.  But autumn is definitely in the air - I had my rugby jersey on.  I seemed to time it between the traffic peaks, and had the roads quite nicely to myself.

(And yesterday I hooned up the hill - 9 min and 2 sec.  I normally do it in 11 min plus.  Don't know how I managed it!  But I was pretty crippled after that.  Mrs Mahoney saw me straight afterwards said she was considering ringing an ambulance because she thought I was injured!)

When I got to work, alas, I discovered that all this earliness and waiting had gone to my head and disrupted my normal 'panicked running about' schedule.  So I'd left without my swipe card, wallet - and, er, shirt.  So now I have a nice new shirt bought with Angela's credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment