Friday, March 25, 2011

The Thursday with user group and Toby gets wet

Hi,

I had my user group last night and that means pizza and chatting to people.  I heard a good technical session, so I was happy.

The funniest thing happened when Mike and Toby came in to pick me up.  Toby loves jumping around the fountain in Midland Park.  It has stepping stones scattered throughout the water.  Last night one of his near misses came to fruition as he over-jumped a stone and I saw him land in the fountain up to his waist in water.  Cold water.

Mike and I burst out laughing at the look on his face.  He was unsure whether he would face the wrath of his parents or not.  But as we had nothing else to do but go home, what else could we do but laugh.  He squelched to the car, clutching his dry toy (Wags - same as Tyler's dog - he is flavour of the month again) which he had managed to keep safe above his waist as he landed in the water.  He made puddles on the road waiting to get into the car (Mike spread out a blanket to protect the car).

First thing when he got home is he had a shower.  Funny chap.

Friday today!  Yay.  I think we're off to the NZ Symphony Orchestra tonight.  Or some of us are.

Swimming tomorrow.  Camping in Waikanae (and picking up a huge ladder Mike has bought off Trade Me).  Sally has a birthday lunch this weekend too.  Can't wait to see everyone.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment