Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Wednesday with Toby sick at home

Hi,

Wee Toby is coming down with a cold.  My mothering intuition can tell these things - the bright green snotty nose just gives his Dad the clues.  Heheheh.  Yep - poor wee Toby wasn't up for a day at school yesterday.  I don't think he was overly sick, but just enough to produce lots of tears and some fantastic retching.  He's such an actor.  Anyhow, time to call in sick to work and comfort him a bit.

When he has a sick day, the rules are no television, no computers and stay in bed.  This worked well for the most part.  I decided to clear out the pantry (we inherited a lot of food from my parents as they couldn't take food to Australia) and re-organise it.  Toby started reading (an allowed activity) and ploughed through books.  Then I got some audio books for him to listen to as well.

After lunch I tidied the house a bit (so Ruth can lux on Thursday morning without sucking up valuable items) and the around 3:30pm lay down on the bed to read with Toby.  Finished one book, started another and then I fell asleep.  I guess the rules were fair game for Toby then.  When I woke up an hour later, I noticed he was watching a DVD.  Hmmmmm.

Made dinner and Mike came home.  Mike finished the shelves I didn't touch in the pantry and now it looks stunning.  He also tidied up outside where he'd dumped some torn off gib.

Then inside to watch a special episode of Time Team - they went to Orkney.  Such a great episode.  I love Orkney.  I watched it twice.  Once while Mike said he was coming "In 5 minutes" and once when he finally came in!

Mike and Toby are off for the weekend to Ruapehu (I hope Toby's cold is ok).  I'm off to a 40th birthday party (hopefully with Vivienne, if she's still free on Saturday night).

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment