Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Monday with no Keas

Hi,

Monday went well - I was busy all day at work and the ride home was a welcome respite.  I did find it a bit tougher than usual riding up the hill.  But I blame the kilos of groceries in my bike pannier.  It does make it harder.

Mike was going to ride straight to the Scout Hall to help with the wet tents from the weekend, but I was just starting dinner when he rang and Toby and I had to drive in to get him.  He had a meeting and couldn't get away on time as he was planning.  He dropped us at home and went to the Hall and Toby and I made dinner.

We had just started to eat when Mike got home after putting away all the tents.  Hooray!  They were dry!

Toby has a great day lined up.  He'll be collected from Skids by Jack and his Dad and taken to Karori Park for bike riding (Toby took his bike to school) and then he'll have his first midweek sleepover.  Ooooo.

We're off to see The Kings Speech tonight.  By all accounts (and I have heard a few) it is a great movie.

My parents are in Hawaii enjoying some warmth and fun.  I can't wait to hear what they think of it.  It seems to be a rainy time of year for them (I checked the weather forecast yesterday) - a bit like Samoa I guess.  Karen went there years ago and told me I needed to go one day.  She thought I'd enjoy it.  And I bet I would too.  Hawaii is one hour ahead of NZ (so three ahead of eastern Australia) and a day behind.  So they are currently in Monday!  Funny, eh?

Have a marvellous day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment