Friday, March 11, 2011

The Thursday with packing for the weekend

Hi,

Have I mentioned the nip in the air in the mornings now?  It wasn't there last week.  The seasons move on.  Soon my legs will be numb when I ride into work.  Which is fine!  But when they start to thaw, then it is uncomfortable.

Last night we rode home and Mike flew up the hill on the tail of a road cyclist.  He normally takes between 11 and 12 minutes to get up the hill - last night with a pace-setter to follow he did it in 9:30!  He had to meet the house painter for a quote for the rest of the house and the garage, which all sounded good.  I collected Toby and wandered home. 

Mike and Toby did some more demolition work in the green room while I cooked tea.  Toby is really keen to help with the demolition work.  He swings a mean hammer!  He removed most of the north wall of this room, mainly by smashing it into very small pieces.

Then I helped Mike and Toby pack for the weekend.  They're off to the Lodge at Ruapehu.  I can't go because I have Christine's birthday party on Saturday night - Vivienne is coming too.  Should be a good one.  It's at the Penthouse Cinema in Brooklyn and we're seeing some old movie.  Not too sure what (because of last minute copyright negotiations!).

Not much else.  Had an email from my parents in Hawaii.  They are in some fantastic resort style hotel right on Waikiki Beach.  Apart from the frantic nature of touring they seem to be having fun.  Perhaps their second week will be more relaxing.  The beach certainly looks nice to me.  I found a webcam on their hotel roof and I have asked them to stand by the pool tomorrow morning so I can see them!  Heheheheh.

Right.  Busy day at work so I'd better find that steadying cup of tea and get stuck in!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment