Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Earthquakes, cubs and renovations

We had an earthquake here at about 3:30 yesterday afternoon, which created a bit of chatter in the office.  In my building, the Majestic Centre, we got gentle swaying for about 20 sec or so.  Angela got a sway, a jolt and a sway.  I think the damping in the Majestic Centre works better.

I skived off cubs last night - more renovations.  I was leveling the floor in Toby's room ready for the carpetlayer on Friday.  Sounds like cubs went pretty well.  Toby has come back with a pat of butter that he made all by himself.

Again, a good morning from both of us this morning.  I got Toby off relatively early and got an early bus in.  I had mission only partly accomplished last night, because I ran out of cement.  So I did an early morning trip to Bunnings and lugged 25kg of cement back to the office in my tramping backpack.  I feel more awake than most mornings now!

Tonight I finish leveling the floor, and paint the insides of the cupboards.  Then we'll be ready for carpet on Friday and finally - finally! - being able to move into all of our rooms in the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment