Friday, July 8, 2011

The Thursday with a new tyre

Hi,

I am so pleased - Mike bought a new tyre for me yesterday and fitted it too.  So I rode in this morning, despite the drizzly cold rain.  It actually stopped raining by the time I got into town, but I can't say I dried out any.  It's going to be unpleasant pulling my wet gear on for the ride home.  Thanks Mike.

Of course, the test will be when I get to the bike shed after work and check the pressure.  It is always ok until I ride it somewhere.  I have my fingers crossed.

It's Friday.  Got swimming tomorrow and some painting (goes without saying at the moment).  But I think that is it for this weekend.  I want to read.  Aidan T has given me an intriguing book set in 1171 in England and I am hooked.  Murder mystery stuff.  But the writing style is unusual - I'd let you know the name of it, but I have forgotten.  Something about the art of death I think.

So, I still keep my twenty year old bike.  $35 for a tyre is a lot cheaper than $1000 for a new bike.  I am envious when I move other bikes in the bike shed around and they weigh nothing compared to my steel re-enforced machine!

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment