Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Wednesday with Transformers 3 - Dark of the Moon

Hi,

Spent close to three hours watching Transformers 3 last night.  Not too sure it was worthy of that amount of my life, but there you go.  The special effects were great, but the editing was pants!  And at almost three hours long I am sure they could have edited a bit more!  How many of us really wanted to see close ups of elephants and zebras?  Maybe the director secretly pines after being a nature documentary maker?

Anyhow, the company was great (Fran and Josh) and it was in the Gold Lounge.  I ordered a cheese board and I have to say it was pretty good.  Better than Sally and Andrew's experience in the Hutt with re-heated frozen pizzas and fish fingers!  Eating in the dark with 3D glasses on is tricky!  I spent a bit of time watching blurry scenes as I munched through brie and blue cheeses.

Wandered home on the bus and it was already very late.  Spoke to Toby on the phone for ages.  He was quite talkative.  Perhaps absence is making his heart fonder?  I'll see them on Saturday!

Last night Otago beat Auckland in Auckland (at Eden Park) in the NPC ITM Cup competition - for the first time since 1976!  1976!  Jeepers.  Josh may have wondered what was going on at the hoot I let out.  Unfortunately Transformers 3 got in the way and all I caught as I nipped down to turn on the TV to watch it, was the whistle blowing at full time!  But I basked in the glory of the after match interviews!

I plan to watch the All Black game on Friday night (with or without Josh - he has to deliver Moby (their car) back up to Waikanae) and shout a lot.

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment