Thursday, July 7, 2011

What a surprise! The carpet's not ready

Yesterday was another epic reno day.  I got floor leveling compound down, and got the first coat of paint onto the wardrobes.  Was all set to push through and get the second coat on too - but I was working faster on the second coat and discovered that I was too early for re-coating.  So had to stop.  I've had to take all the white wine out of the fridge to fit the paint roller and paint tray in!

So with another hour's work tonight, we'll be all ready for the carpet layer on Friday.

Except that he isn't coming.

The carpet people rang and said that the carpet wasn't in yet.  Grump grump grump!  So our plans to finally sort our house in the weekend won't happen.  We'll still be able to move Toby into his room, on a temporary basis though.  Just a bed and bedside table.

I was late to bed so pretty groggy this morning - ended up late enough that I had to drive in.  This is getting to be a habit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment