Monday, July 18, 2011

The weekend with tidying and skiing and ferry trips

Hi,

What an action-packed weekend.  Marvellous fun.  Friday night I went to NZTE to have a few drinks with people for Mike's last day.  Turns out Mike was in the middle of a support call at 5pm on his last day.  Heheheheh.  Will they miss him much?  I stayed for a few drinks (I had a nice cup of tea) and then drove home.  Why was the car in town?  Yes, well, Mike forgot to leave the key out for the carpet layers and had to taxi home to sort it out.  Then drove back.

So I drove home and got Toby and we had a good evening watching TV, playing Wii and reading.  Mike wasn't home too late either.  And the carpet was laid in Toby's new bedroom.  Excitement of excitements!

Saturday I made the boys breakfast and started tidying.  Mike took Vivienne's rubbish to the tip and I was still tidying.  But by the end of the day, the house was pretty clean, our new bedroom was looking good as was Toby's and the washing machine had been going flat out.

We packed up for the ski week and Mike and Toby's week down south and fell into bed!  I got up at 3am, and got into my ski gear, kissed the boys (at least Mike made a show at waking up, unlike Toby who barely twitched) and drove to collect Andrew.  We made great time up to Whakapapa (4 hours - Andrew drives well!) and we were skiing by 9:30am.  We got some great runs in.  The wind was fierce in the morning and my face went numb with the razor-sharp airborne powder being blown off Turoa on the other side of Ruapehu!  But it meant we had wind-blown powder and Andrew and I had a ball all day!

Mike and Toby got onto their ferry, watched a movie and ate breakfast.  They drove to Methven and stayed at Pudding Hill Lodge.  Next stop today - Dunedin!

Busy week for me.  Social events (two movies and a breakfast already), probably a Cub planning session, the wardrobe people come tomorrow and Josh moves in for the rest of the week while his family head earlier to Hawaii!  Phew!  Best squeeze in a haircut somewhere there too.

Have a great week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment