Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Tuesday with a ride to Lower Hutt

Hi,

What a great way to cap off the day.  Sally invited us for a BBQ and to pick some plums (Toby loves the plums) so I rode to their place with Andrew.  It's been a long time since I rode up SH2.  We used to do it when we lived with Sally and Andrew in Alicetown for quite a long time.  I had forgotten how long that stretch of motorway is.  But Andrew took me under his wing.  The road has improved a lot for cyclists too - with bike traffic lights along the way.  Andrew took me along the Petone foreshore off-road!  Kind of.  Heheheh.  Ta Andrew.

The BBQ was very good and the plum picking successful.  Well, we have some plums to eat at any rate and Toby has two in his lunchbox today!

The ride in this morning was as clammy as yesterday - it is so humid here at the moment.  I might have to ride home in my t-shirt.  My fluoro jacket is not breathable in the slightest.

Toby has got into Skids for this week - luckily.  And Mike is cooking up a storm at home.  Fun!

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment