Monday, January 30, 2012

The weekend that disappeared in a blink

Hi,

The weekend seems to have vanished in the blink of an eye.  Guess that is what a normal weekend feels like after the three day weekend before that one.  Lucky this weekend coming is another three day one.  Roll on Friday!

Let's see.  What did we get up to over the weekend?  I rode home with Mike (sort of) on Friday.  He zoomed through an intersection at the Beehive that detained me.  And I never saw him after that until we met at Jack's house.  Toby had been to wee Tom's birthday party at Maranui (Christine said it was a great venue) and went back to Jack's house to play afterwards.

We went home to cook dinner and relax for the evening.  Saturday saw us up with good intentions.  But, well...  Not too many of our tasks got crossed off over the weekend.  Saturday morning I met Christine for coffee.  I really wanted to keep driving in the wee green car as it was a glorious day.  But Christine had to get away afterwards so I had a coffee with her (yes - I drank a real coffee - and it was yucky!) and then went for a drive the long way home.

Saturday afternoon after lunch I took Toby swimming to H2OXtreme.  We met Rex and his family (well, actually, we drove to their place and all went in their huge car together) and bought pies for lunch (second lunch!) and then sat in a traffic jam for thirty minutes.  Eventually we got to the pool, ate all the pies (yum!) and swam.  Great fun!

Home again and a relaxing Saturday evening.  Sunday was also relaxing.  We surfaced after a massive breakfast of mushrooms on toast (two breakfasts for me! - Yikes - I see a pattern) and went out to Lower Hutt to get school shoes for Toby.  All sorted.  Also popped in to see Mike's parent's unit in Epuni.  All looks fine!

Back home to relax (more of the pattern) and cross off some tasks at the last minute before falling asleep!

This week is busy once more and Toby starts his new school on Wednesday.  He told me this morning he was excited about it now.  Great!

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment