Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Monday with hauling stuff to the loft

Hi,

This morning (Tuesday) I left the house with Toby, saw the ski pants hanging on the line to dry and knew they had forecast a bit of rain so I took them in and then went up to get my bike.  Toby got in the car with Yingjie and I started riding... And the heavens opened.  I got soaked within 1 kilometre.  They were heavy, fat, wet drops.  And lots of them.  Hahahah.

Last night I rode home with Mike after Mike watched Curiosity landing on Mars (I missed it by seconds and saw the NASA staff celebrating).  After dinner we emptied out the under-stairs cupboard ready for Mike to demolish the last wall in the ensuite area.  We need to get a slab of concrete poured.  Sigh.  Lots of work.

This morning we woke to news of Tongariro erupting.  This is putting a bit of a brake on Mike's plans to walk over the top of Tongariro again this weekend.  Lava and ash spewing out of vents are not part of the alpine course he has done.  Heheheh.  I am concerned it might put a brake on ski plans this weekend.  Currently Whakapapa is in no danger at all.  But if the wind turns to a northerly, it might blow that way I guess.  And they finally have a bit of snow!  Aaarrghh.  I want to ski!

Cubs tonight.  We have a Den night - which is good because it is not a nice day out there anymore.  Still not cold though.

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment