Monday, August 20, 2012

The weekend where everyone had a ball

Hi,

My expectations of getting housework done on Friday were dashed by my lethargy on Friday night when we got home.  Mike and I had a great ride home after I "helped" host the Friday work meeting.  I did nothing except set up and put away so I was happy.  No need to talk in front of 80 people!  We walked around to Yingjie's house to collect Toby and had a lovely walk back home.  Then we watched Men in Black 2 and veged out.  Mike decided to pack on Saturday morning.

So, that meant Saturday we were up early and packing.  It all went very well and after we heard Alex had pulled out, we were off to Go Bang in Petone.  Christine had secured a table already so we sat down to order a scrumptious breakfast.  Not too long after the Tabors arrived and after ordering hot chocolates all round they left. Mike, Josh, Toby, Duncan and Emerson were off tramping to Turere Lodge in the Orongorongo valley - upriver from Paua Hut.  Aidan stayed for a cup of tea and high level plans for shopping.

The plans went so far as "Let's go to the recycle shop on Petone Esplanade" so we were off.  I would have left immediately after stepping foot in  the shop but Christine took me under her control and pretty soon I was trying on clothes and had bought a whole heap for $48.  Hahahah.  We left there and Christine shot off to her other commitments. 

The whole process had given me a headache so Aidan took pity on me and asked for me to show her around Scots College.  A perfect answer to a shopping headache.  We drove out there and wandered around a bit.  I did take an aspirin and my headache died away.  After that we went for lunch to The Bach cafe on the south coast.  I had a chicken open sandwich and Aidan had a seafood chowder.

Shopping was once more on the cards and we parked in town and walked around shoe shops.  I finally bought some boots and we wandered back through the underground market to the car to deposit shopping before going to the Gold Lounge at Reading cinemas for the Bourne4 Legacy movie.  I quite enjoyed it thank you very much!

I drove Aidan home and we ate soup for dinner and then I came home for a night of rugby.  Go the All Blacks!  Watched a movie after that and fell asleep at 1am.  What was I thinking?

Up at 8am - a sleep in!  And I had an appointment at the East Day Spa at 10am.  Did the housework when I got home (in my new boots - to learn to walk in them, Christine's advice was to brush my teeth in them.  Does flossing also count?) and then had lunch and went off to meet Mike and Josh and the boys at Sally and Andrew's house.  They had a great time tramping and I am sure you will hear more about it.

Back home to veg out.  Great weekend!  More please. 

Have a great week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment