Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Tuesday with Cubs

Hi,

I had a fabulous day yesterday (Tuesday).  The morning was so lovely and my ride in was great.  Bit of a contrast with today's ride in.  I timed it nicely with possibly the only torrential downpour due today.  I got soaked within 2 minutes of the rain bucketing down.  And now I am at the client's site with my wet bike gear strewn around under my desk.  Oh well.  I did find an unpleasant surprise in the bottom of my pannier as I scrabbled around for a plastic bag for my soaking wet clothes that I will have no need to pull back on.  Yes - I found an old plastic bag from last week's rain containing rather smelly socks that have been fermenting in rain juice for the last week.  Yummy.  Time for a hot wash tonight in the washing machine.  My socks - not me!

Yesterday was a social day for me.  I met Aidan T for morning tea and got a hug as she left.  After that I had lunch with Rex (no hug - he is a current work colleague after all).  As we walked back to work, I bumped into Josh and got a hug from him.  Then, as I walked to the client's site in the afternoon I bumped into two ex work colleagues and got hugs from them too!  Nice day.

I rode home yesterday and Mike passed me in the car as I got to the top of the hill.  It's not often cars slow down as they go driving by (note the Paul Kelly reference there) so I spared a glance to the car and saw Mike eyeing me up.  Hahahah.  He yelled if I wanted a lift but I was so close there was no point.

We got dinner ready and then I was off to Cubs.  Mike went to start Yingjie's car as she had left the car lights on all day.  Oops.  Cubs went well - the karate sensei came and did part two of his session.  They got to punch pads and bust through fake wooden boards.  They all loved it.  And I got a lot of kudos when I was one of three that could bust the strongest wooden boards - including one Dad parent helper.  Ooosshh.  Toby thinks I am cool at any rate.

Back home and Mike was ploughing through his tramping club homework.  Good on him.  That is why we have started the division of labour on Tuesdays.  I do Cubs, he does tramping club stuff.

Time for a tea.  Everything is better with tea.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment