Monday, August 6, 2012

The weekend with loads of fun

Hi,

Toby went off for a sleepover on Friday and Mike and I went out for dinner with Sally and Andrew.  Then I dropped them off home and Mike and I caught up with loads of Olympics on TV.  Woke up and made Mike a nice breakfast (smoked salmon and cream cheese on bagels) and Toby was delivered to us.  We tidied and Mike dug a trench (exposing our broken sewer pipe - nice) and then we were off to walk with Jack and his parents.

We walked up to Belmont trig and it took 4 hours.  Will joined us as well so Toby was happy to walk and chat the whole time.  I was in shorts and a t-shirt.  It is so warm.  Toby saw flowering pohutakawas.


Then home and Jack stayed for a sleepover.  They were asleep pretty early - says a lot for a four hour walk!

Sunday more tidying and then away for lunch with Sally and Andrew and the Tabors.  We met at Uncle Mike's Kansas BBQ place in Petone.  Yummy.

After lunch Mike took Andrew and Josh to see Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter (yawn) and I went with Aidan and the boys to watch Rex race his remote control car.  When we got to the race track, Rex was overjoyed to have instant pit crew for his final race.  We timed the race and refueled his car every 7 minutes.

After that we shot off to see a house in Island Bay for Aidan to check out.  Nice view.  Shame about the house.  Then home to paint toenails!  My toes look amazing!  Ta Josh for filling in my mistakes!

Then Vivienne and John came over for tea.  I drove Andrew home and headed to Porirua to get Indian takeaways.  I can't think of a much better end to my weekend than driving the wee green car all over Wellington on a glorious evening.  Good excuse.

Next weekend is a ski weekend!  Let it snow.  Bucketloads!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment