Monday, August 27, 2012

The weekend with loads of fun

Hi,

Friday morning I had an appointment to see Aidan's presentation just across the road.  I had the time booked out in my calendar and lunch with her afterwards.  9.45am I got a reminder.  Weird, why do I always make the appointment so much earlier than I need - thinking for some reason it was a 10.30am presentation.  I kept snoozing the reminder.  Until the 10am reminder popped up and I remembered it really was a 10am presentation.  Aaarrghh.  I was late.  Hurtled across the road and waited, waited, waited for the lift.  Walked in ten minutes late - but fortunately with others just as late.  So sorry. 

But, it was a great presentation.  People around me were furiously taking notes as Aidan talked.  And her question time session took as long as her actual presentation.  I was astonished at the number of people that jumped up eager to tell their story.  Some seemed to think Aidan could fix all manner of immigration woes.  Guess that's what happens when you become a Doctor in the field of migration.  Welcome to the rest of your life, Aidan.  Hahahah.  She loves it, anyway!

We had lunch at a new place just opened - Drexels.  It's an American breakfast restaurant.  According to Josh, this was its opening day!  Choice.  Aidan had the omelette and declared it pretty good.  She liberally sprinkled it with Tabasco too I noticed.  I had a salmon bagel - also good!

I had to work late to make up for social excesses - and my ride home was fun in the dark and with no traffic. So there are benefits to working late.

Saturday we were up early enough but I stupidly read for ages until I had to jump out of bed and run around like a mad thing to get ready in time.  I had to help Mike with gib too (carry it up to the garage) and move the bathroom furniture around.  The floor is now done so the next phase can commence.  A bath is within touching distance.  Well, I can touch it already, but it is "wrapped in plastic" and not plumbed in yet.

Toby and I got a WoF for the Corolla before driving up to Waikanae to collect Duncan and Emerson for the Petone fair and a sleepover.  Aidan was still sick (from Thursday I think - and needing some R&R I think) and wrapped in her duvet on the couch. 

We were off soon enough and at the fair where we ate lots and the boys tried their luck with hoop throwing and rock climbing.  Great fun.  We caught up with Rex and his family and the hit of the day was bouncy boxing - inside a bouncy castle with huge foam gloves.



Back to Sally and Andrew's place where Sally cooked up a continuous storm for us and we promptly destroyed the calm of her house with young boys.   And us.  We slept on their floor after watching the All Blacks trounce the Wallabies.  Mike and Andrew drank beer from Beervana - they liked the coffee one.

Next morning Josh arrived super early for the epic day tramp with Mike and Andrew.  They were off at 7.10am.  I packed up our stuff (tent was very wet underneath and we left a muddy patch on the lawn - sorry for that too Sally and Andrew!) and we went to the American restaurant in town.  I have now been there twice in three days!  It was a massive hit!  I had eggs bendict and the boys all had pancakes.



Then off to Waikanae to see Aidan.  She was a little better and had been up and tidied.  Shucks - just for me?  She shouldn't have.  Heheheheh.  We took the boys to Otaki pool and Aidan read while I listened to music and read a bit too.  The boys got tuckered out nicely.  Back to Waikanae and I decided to walk Lulu up the hill.  Great walk.

Back to collect Toby, say hi to Josh back from the epic tramp, and off home to see Mike.  Mike was very tired and sore after the long day.  He packed for Sydney and was up at 4am to leave.  I am a single Mum again this week.

But Toby and I are off to see Mum and Dad this weekend.  So, oddly, Mike and I will both be in Australia next weekend.  But he'll be in Sydney and I'll be in Brisbane. 

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment