Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Monday with nothing

Hi,

Wow - what a gorgeous day here in Wellington this morning.  No clouds, no wind.  My ride into work was fantastic.  I rode with Simon (neighbour) and got up to 60 down the hill.  He never caught me!  :-)  What a great start to the day.

I have to admit to a huge amount of stupidity today.  Yesterday I had no access card to our work.  I remember wondering what to do with my card on Thursday evening because I didn't need it in Christchurch. But when I couldn't find it in its usual place (it has two places - my handbag and my bike shorts) I panicked. I made people perform all sorts of logistics for me swiping me into work, waiting for me to swipe me in during the day (well, twice - but it was still inconvenient).  Then this morning I remembered I still didn't have it and I looked everywhere.  Until I decided to dump out the contents of my handbag.  Now, it may not surprise anyone to find out it was in my handbag as handbags can swallow a lot of things and a swipe card it not very big.  But anyone who knows me right now, knows that my handbag is actually a "handbaglet" as Mike calls it.  Because it is very tiny.  It holds my cards and my phone.  Nothing else can fit.  Well, nothing else should fit.  But I cram it full of phone connections (headphones, charger, jack) and photos of Mike and Toby and two sets of keys.  Idiot that I am.  But at least I have my swipe card!  Yay!

Right.  I have a load of work on today (as usual) and a pleasant ride along the waterfront to the client site where I will spend most of the day.  I have a 4pm meeting back at work though.  So hopefully the day stays as lovely as now and my ride back is great!

Cubs tonight - Halloween special at the cemetery.  Wooooooo.

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment