Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Tuesday with a Cubs special at the cemetery

Hi,

It's Halloween today!  Toby is so excited.  But this morning (yes - lots of notice there) he informs me he doesn't want the same costume as last year.  Great.  He says this to his mother who has definitely missed any genes that supply costume-making talents.  So now he is going to rip a shirt to pieces and I am going to face paint him and he will miraculously become a zombie.  Perhaps with a lot of imagination.  ;-)

I rode home yesterday and cooked a proper dinner (no two minute noodles like last Tuesday) and Toby and I ate.  Mike worked late.  Then Toby, Jack and I went to the Karori cemetery for Cubs.  Pip had organised a great evening.  However, Jo and I bunked off to "prepare the Milo" and actually go shopping, have a cup of tea and make lunches for school the next day.  But we did prepare the Milo too.  It was a great success.  Well done, Pip!  I am on next week.  Preparing shelters in the Karori bush behind Karori Park.  Hope the weather is as lovely as last night.  7.30pm and it was still 19C.  Unbelievable.

Nice ride in again this morning - the cloud cover is burning off (or blowing away possibly - it is a lot windier than yesterday).  I am on Toby pick up at 4pm but I need to work from home (and cook dinner and prepare the costume).  Phew.  No rest for the wicked.  And I must have been very wicked recently.

Have a wonderful ghoulish day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment