Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Wednesday with Halloween

Hi,

Yesterday was another gorgeous day in Wellington and there was a cruise ship in, so another whole bunch of people now think Wellington is paradise on Earth.  There was a wind yesterday that wasn't there the day before.  But it is warm, so no bother.

My ride home was lovely - the sort of weather to make you wish you live twenty kms away.  Hahaha.  That doesn't happen too often on the ride home.  It can be hard riding up that hill on some days.  I was early because I had early Toby pickup from the library.

I worked from home while the boys did their homework.  Then at 5.30pm I started making Toby into a zombie for Halloween.


Not too bad for 20 minutes effort.  He did his clothes himself.  We went around to Christine and John's house for dinner (yummy chicken baked with feta - I must make that!) and then went trick or treating with Jack and Jake (from their class) and wee Tom.  John met us with Socs (John had just touched down from Auckland) and we wandered around for a bit.  Mai turned up and we continued for a bit.  Then we peeled off and Toby stayed with Jack and we returned to Christine's house for a cup of tea and Tom to bed (he has his tonsils out on Friday - wow!).

I went to pick up Mike from tramping club and then Toby from Jack's house.  Phew.  Threw Toby into the shower to remove the zombification evidence and then to bed.  We all slept really well.

The ride in today was great!  Low cloud but no wind and dry roads.  It is supposed to fine up.  Good!

Right - have a wonderful day.  Seems like everyone I know was in Auckland yesterday.  So I might get lunch with some of them today if I am lucky.  Sun trap maybe?

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment