Monday, November 5, 2012

The weekend with... work

Hi,

Got home late Friday and picked up Burger Wisconsin on the way home so the boys were happy to see me.  Hahahah.  We watched a documentary on the search for Absolute Zero together.  I like having no TV (it's been broken since Mum was here) - we get to watch documentaries instead of Cartoon Network.

Up early Saturday to go to work.  It was pouring with rain all day.  Mike dropped me off at work and I stayed there for ages until I got my work done.  The boys came in for lunch with me.

Home again to try on a sari for the party.  Mike and I watched You Tube videos for ages to try and figure it out.  In the end, Mike said I should wear jeans.  Hahahah.  He does have photographic evidence of me wearing it though.

The party was great fun.  One of our directors turned 60 and had a big bash!  It was at the Indian temple in Kilbirnie and had yummy food, a magician and fireworks.  Oh, and lots of Indian dancing.  I enjoyed it.  Toby danced well too.  Good on him - there were a lot of kids at the party, but he was one of the few dancing.

Up early Sunday to drive up to Feilding for my first horse event.  Christine wanted some support and I was happy to drive up and back singing loudly in the wee green car.  My conversations with Christine's horse friends went like this:

Other person:  So, do you have horses?
Me:  No.
Other person:  [pauses]
Me:  See that horse there?  It's brown.  In fact, all these horses are brown.
Other person: [ends conversation]

I know that horse people don't call any horses "brown".  They are called "bay", or "dun", or "chestnut".  They all look brown to me.  Apart from grey ones.  Hahahah.  Conversation killer.  At least it means they know where I stand with horses when I call them all brown.  As one of them put it "You know what end bites and what end kicks".  Yep.

It was a lot of fun.  Christine and Victor did well and looked the part to my uneducated eye.

They got lots of ribbons.  And I like yellow!  (Third place is yellow).  And yellow and blue is even better. (Second place is blue).

Drove home and Toby was off at a play (Potted Potter - a spoof on Harry Potter).  I sorted out the tramping for this coming weekend with Mike and we had tea and Toby got home and we went to bed.

Busy week for me.  Phew!
Have a fantastic day!  Weather is gorgeous here this morning.  Loved my fast and furious ride down the hill.  Saw a pedestrian step out into the path of a cyclist.  No one injured but they both got a fright.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment