Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Monday with nothing

Hi,

If you can call talking for almost 8 hours in front of people "nothing", then my Monday was nothing.  I did sound a little husky by the end of it.  Let's see what it's like another similar stint today and almost the same again tomorrow.  I might be hoarse.  Hahahah.  Puns nicely with my blog yesterday.

Rode home in lovely weather Monday evening.  Mike went grocery shopping and we cooked a yummy dinner when he got home.  Toby ploughed through his homework and we watched fireworks around the neighbourhood for a bit before we caved in and pleaded with Mike to let some off.  So we went outside and let off about 5 fireworks (the neighbour below shouted at us after the first one - seems to me he should be grateful we let off only 5 fireworks every 3rd year or so, and not shouting like a demented man about one cool fireworks).  We're doing some at the weekend on our tramping trip.


Off to bed to listen to the main Wellington fireworks display.  Cool!

And our bathroom is finished.  Only needs the electrician (apparently he is coming today!).  Well, and the outside plumbing done.  The toilet waste pipe empties into midair still and the bath and sink into the same midair.  But it looks mighty fine.
Looks great, doesn't it?  It feels quite a bit bigger than our upstairs bathroom.  It'll be great when we can "move in" so to speak.  We all want to try out the bath!

Oh - so sunny outside now.  I left as the rain started this morning and had a cold, wet ride in.  I can't begin to tell you how cold I got.  My hands were freezing and I could hardly work the brakes.  That only happens occasionally in the winter.  Yep - a typical Wellington day.

Time to get stuck in.  Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment