Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The weekend with Mum heading back home

Hi,

What an amazing weekend - I wish all weekends were three days long!  Friday night we had takeaways at Vivienne and John's place where we discovered a great Indian takeaway right in Ngaio!  Friday night takeaways are now sorted (sorry John!).  Mum enjoyed catching up with Vivienne and John (and Mike's mother while she was there).  I drove Polly home and went back to prise the others out of the house.

Saturday we tidied up and then got ready for table tennis at Yingjie's house.  While there we made arrangements for dinner out in town.  Ancestral in Courtney Place.  Toby also arranged a sleepover with Alex that night.

Sunday was the last day in Wellington for Mum.  We lazed around in the morning and eventually took so long going to collect Toby that he was deposited back home by Yingjie.  Janne rang to say goodbye (how lovely - they must all miss my mother) and we dropped her at the airport for her flight at midday.  Well, her flight was at 3pm but she wanted lots of time.  Then, unexpectedly, my sunglasses fogged up a lot on the drive away from the airport.  Lucky I wasn't driving.  Well, luck wasn't a factor.  I knew they might fog up and I asked for Mike and Toby to come to the airport with me.

Monday we lazed around the house missing my mother (no need to worry about running naked through the house anymore - hahahah) and Toby's friend William came over.

I laughed when Mike changed the duvet cover and declared he was doing it "with science" and promptly ignored me and the "science" proved I was right.  Something about fitting the duvet inside the cover perfectly.  Nothing like a good giggle to end the weekend.

Weather is lovely this morning.  Have a great (short - in NZ) week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment