Friday, December 28, 2012

Boxing Day celebrations

Hi,

Boxing Day had more of the same weather as Christmas Day - but less rain and less thunder.  Scott's family all arrived around 11.30am and the food was coming out of our ears.  It was great to catch up with Scott's family.  They have two fresh babies (Troy and Chad have both had recent babies) and the older cousins are now looking really tall and older.

The food highlight for me (apart from the tray of mangoes that Troy brought around) was the huge sides of salmon.  It was cooked to perfection on the BBQ and was something to behold.  In fact, I think I have lived on salmon and mangoes since then.  Is it possible to eat too many mangoes?  I think I have easily eaten 10 mangoes in the last three days.  If I had a coconut about now, I would be well on the way to my tropical island fantasy (imagine a Samoan beach, with nothing to eat but fish, mangoes and coconuts and you have my getaway dream!).  I am now intending to overdose on mangoes and iced coffee by the time I leave Sydney in two weeks time!

Gorgeous Kittos
On Thursday we braved the crowds at the local shopping centre.  It wasn't too bad really.  We even ate sushi at Sushi Bay with a real sushi train.  Toby ate sushi for the first time - he likes teriyaki chicken sushi!  It's a start!  And one I am happy about.
Look at those plates stacking up!

You chose fruit, Tyler?

The sushi was fabulous!  We wandered home and Tyler convinced me to swim in the new wading pool they got for Christmas.  What a great way to unwind.  Mike and Karen read their Kindles while I soaked in the pool with Tyler and Toby bounced on the trampoline.  Wee Abby was at a birthday party.  Toby bounced so much he got a bit of whiplash - solved by bouncing even more to build up those muscles!

Toby and Abby slept in Abby's room that night.  They were so cute reading together before the light went out.

Reading time!
Friday saw us up early and off to Luna Park for the day.  What a fantastic trip.  We caught up with a whole bunch of Karen's friends.


Iconic photo opportunity!
The Rotor was an amazing ride at the end and I took some good photos of Abby, Toby and Tyler.  You'll have to believe me when I point out that Toby is in the yellow shirt with Abby to his right and Tyler to his left.

The centrifugal force has stuck the kids to the wall. 

When we got home we were all grotty, so we flung the kids in the bath!

Yes - Toby is eating an iceblock in the bath


Tomorrow Scotty is off to play golf and Mike and I hope to train into town to see some sights.

Great fun, eh?

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment