Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The weekend with three days off

Hi,

Happy birthday today to Tyler!  Woooooo hooooo!  Nine years old today.

Wow - what a great weekend!  Can I have them like that every weekend?  Friday night I left from work and dropped Mike home (I needed sunglasses and tea bags) and drove straight to Feilding to meet Christine.  I eventually found her among fifty million other horse people and their horses (slight exaggeration).  She had already put the stretchers up in the horse float and it did look comfy.

We went into town to an Irish pub and I had a scrumptious beef and Guinness pie and Christine ate her way through a Guinness (yuck) and an eye fillet.  Back to the horse float and bed!  And I slept well.  No complaints about sleeping in a horse float.  I'd do it again.  And possibly that might hap[pen Wellington anniversary weekend in Levin.  Hahahah.  Next horse event.

Up early and sort out Victor.  I tidied up his stable and got him a big tub of water.  Driving back to Christine in the wee green car with the roof down and driving very slowly over the rough road to avoid sploshes in the passenger footwell, I got wolf whistles from young men in a ute.  They don't get out much in Feilding, do they?

I walked Victor while he ate grass and Christine cleaned his saddle.  Then I held him still (well, I tried) while Christine plaited his mane.  Apparently she wants me back for more so I can't have been hopeless.

Jumped in the car and drove back to Wellington!  Lovely.  Had lunch and a shower and then off to my day spa appointment.  We had to cancel the BBQ we'd said yes to because we had to buy presents and make things for the family dinner.  I walked into town and Mike met me and we bought some things.  Home to wrap them and make salad.

Then into the car to Sally and Andrew's house for the most amazing dinner I have had in ages.  Scallop mornay starter, Beef Wellington main and cheesecake dessert.  I am still recovering from the excesses.

And they put on a great fireworks display in the backyard afterwards.  Well, the Lower Hutt City Council did.  Awesome!

Home to bed!

Up Sunday to do ... something.  What did we do Sunday?  I tried to tidy the house.  It got a littler tidier.  William came to play.  I went grocery shopping.  The day past.

Monday was our day off to celebrate twenty years going out (and 13 years married).  We got Toby away to school and then drove into town for an iced coffee at Joes.  Oh yeah.  Met up with some folks from the client site to say hello.

Went to see Skyfall and we both enjoyed it.  Then off for lunch at Eastbourne.

I got my first bit of sunburn for the summer.  Oops.  Never mind.  Dropped in to see Mike's parents and have a cup of tea and then home for a nice BBQ dinner.


Great weekend!  Such a lot of fun.  And the week looms.  Last week of the year for Toby.  He got his literacy award over the weekend so he should collect that!  Good on him!

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment