Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Wednesday with Toby's birthday and no Toby

Hi,

Wow - what a day for Toby's birthday.  And today is also stunning here in Wellington.  I did get some texts from Toby indicating he was homesick - after 10 hours away.  Uh oh.  Mike on the other hand got text messages indicating Toby had to eat lots of birthday cake!  Hmmmm.

I went to the work client Christmas party and tried to grab Mike and escape for dinner.  In the end we found Fran (old work) and went to dinner at Vista on Oriental Parade with her and Roz (down from Auckland).  It was such a pleasant meal.  My salt and pepper squid tapas was yummy and I tried the pate and fish croquettes courtesy of Fran and Roz and they were good too.  Then straight to dessert.  Espresso ice cream and some chocolate terrine.  But it was all about the coffee ice cream for me and that was brilliant.

Dropped Fran off home and then dropped Roz back at her hotel in town before heading home.  What a late night for us mid week.

Up this morning.  Weird routine without Toby.  Rode in together and had a great time.  Got caught behind a car coming down the hill.  But my ride home yesterday was great.  Took the long way and did just over ten kilometres, up Ngaio Gorge, through Crofton Downs and up to home.  Thirty minutes (and thirty seconds) - but that includes two minutes waiting for traffic lights in town first.  The stopwatch was ticking.  So I need to do that regularly and see if I can reduce the time any between now and late February.  The race course is flat and 12 kilometres.  So if I can do 10 kilometres with gear up and down hills, I should be right for the race day.  Apart from riding with loads of people.  And the 500m run to my bike.  Hahahah.

Have a simply marvellous day.  I think the piano will be operational today.  And I hope Toby has a great day up in Auckland.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment