Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Monday with dinner out

Hi,

John contacted me saying Jack was bored and could he play with Toby for the day.  When I said that Toby was in a computer course for Mon and Tues, I thought that the chap running it would probably be fine with an extra boy turning up.  Sure enough, Jack is now on the computer course too.  Choice.

Mike and I rode home together up Glenmore and then Garden into Northland and home along Pembroke and Mairangi.  I love that route.  You can fly along the top easily - even with a strong headwind like last night.

And John took us all out to dinner afterwards.  We went to Heaven Woodfire Pizzas in Cuba Street and they were lovely.  Pretty sure it is the same pizza place that the Waikanae connection uses whenever we eat pizzas up there.  Mmmmm.  Can I book in pizzas on the beach on a hot summer evening again?  Haven't done that for a while.

When we got dropped off back at John's place I spotted a road bike hanging up in the garage and asked if I could try it out for the Taupo and Kapiti adventures next year.  John said he was going to get rid of it, so it is all mine!  I have a road bike now!



Happy about that.  It is possibly a little tall for my legs, but only just.  And it is an old bike, so it has a heavy frame compared to a more modern bike.  But it has proper skinny tyres and handlebars to allow me to hunker down.  It needs some grease and a service.  But I am hoping it will do just fine.  Time to practise - lots!

Cubs tonight.  Should be good fun.  Second last one of the year.

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment