Monday, December 17, 2012

The weekend with The Hobbit and no Toby

Hi,

Mike and I did not do a huge ride when we got home on Friday.  It may have had something to do with his after-work wines.  We watched Sherlock instead and thoroughly enjoyed season 2.

Saturday we lazed around watching more television and slowly getting ready.  A bath may have featured.  Anyhow, we went to get lunch on the way to take my newly acquired road bike to Sally and Andrew's place for a good examination.  With Mike and Andrew combined, most of the seized up bits are working again and it looks like it might be a great wee bike.  I rode it up and down around the streets and slowly got used to the road bike riding position.  I might need a shorter handlebar stem to bring the handlebars a little closer to me.  My arms are long but I am not built like a gorilla.  The frame is probably a wee bit big for me.  But it'll work perfectly.  Just need to take it into iRide in early January to iron out the back derailleur and possibly the stem.  Then I can ride it!

Home to get ready for the work Christmas party.  Yeah.  Ummm.  Some frantic pawing through Toby's old costumes found a couple of salad bowls, katana swords and masks.  So we went as Ninja Turtles.

Te Papa was a great venue - we got to wander through the new video gaming exhibition - Mike played old games from his childhood.

Home relatively early and had a good sleep.  Sunday was another lazy start followed by lunch with Sally, Andrew, Josh and Aidan at La Boca Loca in Miramar.  Yummy food and then we all went to see The Hobbit at the Roxy.  Christine, John and Tom turned up just in time.  We all enjoyed the movie as did Toby at the very same time in Auckland!  Woo hoo!

Then off to Chocolate Fish in Shelly Bay for an iced coffee and a walk up to Massey Memorial.  Followed by a quick dinner at the Thai place next to the Roxy.

Home to bed.  We watched a You Tube television show - a new Battlestar Galactica spin off.  But the two times Mike has put it on, I have fallen asleep almost immediately.  Oops.  I have now seen the first episode and the last.  No need to keep awake for the middle ones.  Hahahah.

Christmas week!  Roll on Friday.  Well, Thursday - because I see Toby then!

Have a fantastic week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment