Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Christmas in Sydney

Hi,

What a fantastic Christmas lunch we had here in Sydney.  The weather wasn't very nice - in fact last night was the first night we used our duvet at night.  Downright cold.  Hahahah.  Well, hardly.  However, Wellington had a glorious day - reaching 29.6C at the airport.  Unheard of temperatures.  The Stuff article I read said Wellington had "extremely hot" conditions.

Anyhow Karen cooked up an amazing roast leg of pork for lunch, with all the trimmings.
Christmas lunch - taken expertly by Abby

The kids had their lunch on the trestle table next to us.

Kids Christmas lunch
We were all very full after that and the lunch blurred into dinner really.  I also had two naps during the day.  Not too sure why I was so tired.

Shona called and we chatted for ages - she had a good day down in Geelong with her kids.  Eventually we caught up with Ma and Dad after their Christmas lunch at the club.  Ma is still sore and finding it hard to be as mobile as she should be.  Poor Ma!  Hopefully it comes right soon!

All the adults then drank into the night while playing cards.  I was heading to bed to read when they (well, Karen and Mike) asked me to stay and read with them.  So I did just that.  Finished my book (not the book full of ridiculous similes that made me guffaw out loud - this one was an out and out romance book and I am sure this is the most boring genre on the planet!  I was hoping for a massive influx/invasion of werewolves or vampires or aliens.  Anything!  But, no.  In "The cottage by the sea" the only thing that happened was love.  Yawn!) and wandered off to bed to start another one (a Young Adult one that is a sequel to another I read recently - it might prove a little more interesting than a boring romance set in Cornwall).
I kept my party hat on for hours - it drove Scott crazy as it slipped constantly over my eyes.


Apparently Mike was plying Karen with lots of wine and she was within spitting distance of winning their card game when she declared herself drunk and went to bed.  Hahahah.  Not too sure if they kept playing or not.  Mike came to bed and I think I may have noticed.  Maybe.

Boxing Day - more of the same weather.  Perhaps not quite as torrential as yesterday.  The thunder yesterday was amazing.  This is the big family day here.  We'll get a huge influx of Kittos (well, some might argue it is more exciting than werewolf invasions!) and eat lots and catch up with people we haven't seen for ages.

Given we slept in until 8am, I suspect we have a bit of cleaning to do in the next hour!

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment