Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Tuesday with my last Cubs night

Hi,

I have officially retired as a Cub leader now.  Toby has one more year of cubs and I will take the time to smell the coffee on Tuesday evenings.  I am attending the next planning session just to ensure they don't roster me on for parent help every Tuesday!  Hahahah.  Last night we had a great session at Makara Beach. I was intending to ride my bike there but the dodgy weather (rain, wind and fog - but warm!) put me off.  We walked around the beach, made some small conflagrations, and cooked sausages.  All very safe.

I caught up with Aidan briefly in town yesterday.  She was on a few missions so our catch up consisted of walking around the CBD quickly to get it all done in her allotted time.  Not a bad option considering.  I'd rather walk than be cooped up in a sticky cafe.  The weather is so humid here at the moment and of course no one runs any air conditioners here.  Mike is blaming the cyclone over Fiji for our weird weather.  Some might be blaming the impending end of the world on Friday.  But how can it end here on Friday?  It would still be Thursday in New York, for instance.  Did the Mayans not understand the International Date Line?

Home to read for a bit.  I am reading a book that is pretty average really, but has some fantastic one liners in it.  I don't know how the author can get away with liberally dosing the text with such classics.  Last night's line said this:  "My breathing was shallow, like a doe that's been shot."  Ridiculous.  Enough to make you snort out loud and guffaw.  Great stuff!

Wee Toby is looking forward to coming home tomorrow.  And I am looking forward to seeing him.

Fell asleep in seconds again last night.  Something is working well!  Well, actually, I hardly ever have any bother sleeping.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment