Monday, March 4, 2013

The amazing weekend with a pedicure

Hi,

What a fantastic weekend.  But it seems my body can't tolerate such fun because Monday morning saw me get a migraine for the first time in a year or so.  So I have a sick day from work.

Friday evening I left work and drove up with half of Wellington to Waikanae.  The traffic was so slow I was late for our dinner reservation.  I called Aidan and she moved it out a bit, fortunately.  We ate at the Front Room outside in the lovely evening.  I dropped her home and headed back to Wellington.

Meanwhile I have it on good authority that Toby declared their Friday night together (him and Mike) as the best Friday night ever.  Right.  So last Friday night when we snuggled up watching a movie was nowhere near as much fun as riding your bicycle on the road to Burger Wisconsin (he did what??) and watching Back to the Future 3.  Okay.

Saturday morning Mike was up early to get the car warranted.  It passed.  The headlights now point in the same direction.  Then I left to meet Aidan for a pedicure.  This was the first time I had ever had this done and despite my reservations I may have found a new heavenly experience on earth.  Why hadn't anyone told me I can pay money to have someone tickle my feet?  Thanks for the birthday present, Aidan.  It was great.

We then proceeded to take photos of our delicious toes everywhere.  Well, my toes are delicious.  Aidan's are merely functional, like most people's toes.  Hahahahah.





I also have a photo Aidan took of her toes on the dashboard of the MX-5 as we drove through town.  That one is awesome!  I may have to save it somewhere to get it up on the blog at some stage. [Edited:  look, I found the photo!]

We went to lunch at Dockside and were so pleased when a boatload of raucous men tied up right beside our table left on their drunken adventure.  The rest of the lunch was in peace and quite yummy.

We dropped books off at Arty Bees, went clothes shopping (well, I followed Aidan around the clothes shop after Mike told me to get off the internet when I was waiting for her) and I got an iced coffee at Joe's Garage out of it too.  Saw Aidan off to her party and went home to tidy the house.

Toby and Mike were off at Te Papa (we had met them briefly on the street) to see Gamemasters and Toby invited two friends back for a sleepover.  Akash and Jacob.  Nice boys.  They had fun all day playing games and slept well.

I was getting them breakfast the next morning when Vivienne knocked at the door.  I answered in my pyjamas.  Oops.  I had forgotten I was going to the market with her.  Threw some clothes on, made sure most of my hair was pointing in the same direction and went off with her and Ramble.  Such a nice morning.  It's a shame my weekends are full for the next three weekends - I could get used to this Sunday morning behaviour.

Back home for lunch and then Toby went off on a playdate (swimming at Tawa pool) and then home for tea.

Yes - it was such fun.  But my head is a little woozy now after my migraine.  A day spent in bed reading quietly will do wonders.  No sudden movements.  Actually, I had my dizzy thing on Saturday as well.  I wonder if it's connected.  That finally dissipated around 1pm.  Oh well.  All good.

Have a marvellous week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment