Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Monday with Bruce and the Tuesday with swimming

Hi,

What an eventful two days since I last blogged.  Bound to forget what we got up to - but here goes.  Monday Mike went into work and I took Sally, Andrew and Toby up to Katoomba, in the Blue Mountains. Unfortunately my phone was as flat as a tack so I have no photographic proof I was there.  But Sally has a few photos.  We walked to the Three Sisters and ate at the cafe next to the visitors centre.  My chicken BLT was average and Toby's bacon and toast was pretty average too.  Sally and Andrew weren't enamoured of their meal either.  One of those eating establishments that convinces Andrew of his theory that places with exceptional views forget about making an effort with the food.

Driving home we followed a bicycle doing up to 80km drafting behind a huge truck.  We think he was waiting for the right truck to draft because we passed him on the verge at the top of the hill before a huge stretch of roadworks.  He was in the fast lane and either is very good to ride home that way every day, or isn't long for this world.

Back home and got dinner ready before jumping in the car and driving to Homebush to see Bruce Springsteen.  I drove Sally and Andrew there and planned to meet Mike at the venue.  Unfortunately the traffic was awful with a rugby league game at the same location (ANZ stadium next door!) and it made us late.  Took 25 mins to negotiate the last 5 kms to the venue.

Sally and Andrew jumped on the shuttle bus from the P5 carpark but I had to try and wait for Mike so he could leave his work backpack in the car.  But it turns out that P5 is about 3 kms from the P1,2,3,4,6 carparks.  So, I jumped on a bus and eventually found Mike, checked his bag in and we only missed one and a half songs.  Bruce started at 7.30 and we were sitting down in our seats at 7.37.

And the concert, I hear you ask?  Wow!  It was great - one of his best!  Do I say that every time?  Probably.  But this was astonishing.  Our seats were quite good - a side/behind view.

Bruuuuuuuuuucccceeee!
For 3 hours the place was pumping.  Bruce sang some songs I haven't heard live before (She's the one, is one of my favourites and I think it was the first time I have heard it).  Wrecking Ball is his latest album and is pretty good!

The exodus from the carpark was easy and we were home by 11.30pm.  However, we were up at 5.30am because Sally and Andrew were heading home.  Mike caught a taxi in with them.  For historical purposes let me say it was $175.  Ouch!

We all left home at 7am to get to the Aquatic Centre (at Homebush again)  for Abby's regional swimming race.  She was amazing - never let the occasion overawe her.  She swam a good race, a little slower than her qualifying time for the regionals but did well.


Lane 1 Kitto!

Amazing venue - where the Sydney Olympics were held
I went from there into town to meet Mike for a quick lunch and then wandered around until 5pm.  We met Christine and had an amazing dinner at the German restaurant in The Rocks.
Slurp
Harbour bridge self portrait

Schweinshaxe - and this was a good one!

Yum!



Self portrait - that's the Queen Mary 2 behind us - it is huge!

We walked Christine home from The Rocks to Central station  - it's quite a long way.  Caught a train home and after the early start and lots of walking, I slept the whole way.  Properly slept! On the train.  Like a hobo!  Hahahahah.  Fastest trip out I have ever had on the train.  We caught a taxi from Blacktown to Quakers Hill ($20 for historical purposes) and I slept in!

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment