Monday, March 11, 2013

The weekend with good weather... still

Hi,

We had an unexpected weekend in Wellington after our Ruapehu trip was cancelled due to lack of interest.  Guess it would have been odd (but pleasant) in the 32 bunk lodge by ourselves.

So, instead, we had a great weekend in Wellington.  Saturday I was meant to tidy the house.  And I guess I did a bit of it.  Mike was supposed to work, and I guess he did a little bit of it too.  Toby had William come over and then they went to see Gamemasters at Te Papa all by themselves (while Mike worked) and then Mike took them to Joe's Garage and Mike had an iced coffee.  Yummy!  I was doing the laundry.

Sunday we were up early and tidying - again.  How does it get messy in one day?  Then I took Toby to Lower Hutt to buy some sneakers and the groceries for the BBQ.  12.30 people started arriving.  It was a gorgeous day - clouded over briefly but that was just a respite from the heat!

Out on the patio we sit - just for Ma!
We had family, friends and some colleagues from work come over.  So it was a big event for us.  Mike cooked up a storm.  Toby had some friends to play with, although I think the wee girls played in his room and the boys played computer games.

Mike ensured the patio area was scrubbed and you could eat off the floor.  Well, perhaps not quite.  But it was certainly clearer than I have seen it before.  And with all the guff gone, we had loads of space.  Might need to invest in some more chairs.

The rest of Sunday was spent tidying and ironing.  Well, at least we're ready for the week.

My ride down the hill was great today.  Lovely morning, again.  I am on the mountain bike because the council is chip sealing all the roads that lead to our house.  And the skinny road tyres scare me on loose gravel.  So the fatter hybrid tyres will have to do for a bit.

Hope your week is marvellous!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment