Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Tuesday with Cubs

Hi,

I ended up riding to Bowen St carpark yesterday evening because when I got my bike gear on, I remembered Mike had missed the Scots bus in the morning and driven Toby and Alex all the way to school. So I guessed he had the car in town.  Yep.  So I drove home and got Toby in plenty of time for Cubs.  Fed him and cajoled him.  He has gone off Cubs in a big way.  I'm worried it's because I'm not there to keep him company.  And all his friends have left, so he knows no one really well.  He knows loads of them for years at Cubs.  Anyhow, it's a battle to get him to go.  It didn't help that he is the sixer, and his seconder is trying to muscle in on his turf and the Cub leader called up the seconder to break the flag last night instead of him.  He took it pretty well, considering.  A grown-up response.  So we're pleased with the way he is handling it all.

Anyhow, I went grocery shopping when I dropped him off and then got home to get a call from Mike asking to be picked up.  He had attended a computer talk on agile development and met our neighbour Arthur there.  So I collected them both from town and put away the groceries while Mike went to collect Toby.

Then I chatted to Jo - one of the Cub leaders on the phone.  She said Toby was pretty happy during the evening and apologised for the oversights.  Oh well.  They try hard - I know.  I've been there!

Our concrete slab is moving along nicely.  The steel is all in place and it looks ready for the concrete pour.  Woo hoo!  I can't wait for the house to stop sucking all our money.  And the dust!  Gah!  I suspect I should just get used to dust.  When the deck goes in, there'll be more than just dust as a disruption.

Today is lovely again.  Someone said the forecast was for 25C today.  Unheard of March weather.  Crazy talk.  My ride in was great again today.  I think I've forgotten how to ride on wet roads.  Hahahah.  Anyhow, time for a cup of tea and get stuck in.

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment