Friday, March 22, 2013

The Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in Sydney

Hi,

I can't believe our week here has gone so fast - this time tomorrow (NZ time) I'll be back in Wellington already.  Wow.

Let's see?  What did we do on Wednesday?  Our friend from work came over for lunch to Karen's place.  He is in Sydney for a while seeing his brother (he's a bit sick).  It was nice to catch up with him outside of work.

Wednesday night we left for the second Bruce concert.  Mike declared it even better than the first one.  I enjoyed it and it was different to the Monday night one.  But I think I liked Monday night just because of one of the songs he played that I like (She's the one).  He started a bit later (7.45pm probably) and we got home a wee bit later as a consequence.  But it was much easier driving there without a footy match on as well.  We got to park in P1, right next to the venue.  Took us 25 minutes to extricate ourselves from the multi level carpark though.

Bruuuuce - number 2
We were probably 180 degrees opposite our Monday night seats.  Can't wait for tonight's concert.  It's going to be big - Bruce said so.  Well, he thinks he is playing on Saturday night, but we know his schedule better than he does!

Thursday was great fun.  Karen and the girls took the day off with us and we went to see a movie (Oz, the great and powerful) at Castle Towers.  Wee Abby got a bit scared and crawled onto my lap.  I found the warm cinema, the big seats and constant late nights and early mornings produced a soporific effect and I slept through a good portion of the movie.  Mike and Karen liked it though - ask them for a review.  All I can say is it was good to catch up on some sleep.  Hahahah.

After the movie we went to Yum Cha at Castle Towers.  It was as good as usual.

Who gets those green veges every time?

Cute!

Those green veges seem to be next to me!

Abby keeping me and Toby at bay
Back home to recover from the excesses of the day.  Thursday night is netball training night and the first one of the season.  Karen is Tyler's team coach and I entertained Abby for a while practising passes.

Warm up!

Karen and Scott went out to see a movie and I read a book (I have to finish it by Friday because it is on Karen's kindle!).  I'm on a mission!

Friday is Karen's usual day off.  But she has a big day on Saturday as she is running the school fete.  Mike and Karen wheeled a freezer around to the school.  Yes - it is a mad as it sounds.  When they got back, after some more messages, I went to Rouse Hill with Karen.  We had sushi train and got some money for the stalls float tomorrow.  Bumped into Liz and chatted for a bit.

Bruce number three tonight.  And a complicated Gilbertian plan to get to the airport by 7am tomorrow.  It seems as though the railways are doing all their engineering works at the weekend.  It was either a bus replacement service that might take hours or we get a rental car.  So we have hired a car and will add a twist by collecting Christine from her sister's place and her suitcase from the middle of town.  No point doing anything too easy!

We're going to Scots College Gala on Sunday morning.  Come with us!  Should be fun!

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment