Friday, March 8, 2013

The Thursday with a birthday movie

Hi,

Mike had a huge day at work yesterday - a big presentation that went really well.  After that, he deserved a night off relaxing.  But he had volunteered to babysit wee Tom and Toby for Christine's birthday so we could all go out to a movie.  Shucks - he's a good man.

I met everyone at Reading cinemas.  I had met one of Christine's friends before, but none of the others there.  Well, perhaps I have seen one or two others in passing at other birthday parties.  But I was a bit shy.  Anyhow, we went to see Silver Linings Playbook and I rather enjoyed it.  It was billed as a drama/romance/comedy.  Not too sure about the genre really.  The humour was a bit black apart from one hilarious scene right near the end that had me crying with laughter.  It was a good drama I suppose.  And romance?  Well, I am a hopeless judge on that anyway.  But I know my mother would love it.  It has all the elements she likes - psychology, black humour, good acting.  Yep - Ma would love it.

We went out to The Library afterwards for a drink and bite to eat.  Well, the others fed me some of their chips.  I had a bit of sushi before the movie otherwise I would never have concentrated from 6 - 8pm.  I did have a Virgin Mule though - which is what I had last time I went to The Library with Christine.  Nice drink!  The "virgin" part means there is no alcohol.  So it was basically lime and mint with ginger beer.  Slurp!  I like The Library.  In booths, dark nooks, loads of books.  Yep.  A fine place.

Today is another lovely day.  I'm going to try and do a group ride around the bays tomorrow morning.  That should be fun!

Weekend is free.  We fancy a BBQ at our house for Sunday lunch.  Come around if you're free.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment