Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Monday with dinner at Ange's place

Hi,

What a day.  Normal work madness (or was it even crazier than usual?) and then a lovely ride home.  The difference being that there was no wind.  I wasn't fighting a headwind like I have been for the past two months.  Hahah.

Toby's birthday present from Emerson and Duncan.  Perfection in Toby's eyes.

Got home and found no Toby.  Texted him and his phone beeped at me from his bedroom.  I started dinner.  Cooked up a whole lot of chicken enchiladas.  I think this is the 4th time I have made them and I didn't read the recipe this time.  Seemed to be ok.  But I left them cooking for Mike and Toby.

I had other plans!

I went over to Ange's place and she cooked an awesome meal.  With kale.  Really?  Yes, really!  And asparagus, and snapper and fettuccine.  It was amazing.  Turns out she subscribes to this thing called My Food Bag.  They deliver the ingredients for 4 meals a week with everything you need.  Food, spices, herbs, recipe.  And you choose the meal for the day and cook it up.  Ange has the gourmet food bag.  It was good!

Then we watched the sun setting, without a breath of wind before settling in to watch a movie.  Magic Mike.  It was ok.  I managed to stay awake to watch the end.  Then I wandered down to the wee car and drove home.  Read to Toby (we're reading Dickens' A Christmas Carol and it's really good fun). Then comatose sleeping.

My ride in was good this morning.  Dry roads.  And I hope it stays dry because it is the Wadestown Christmas Carols night tonight.  Toby and I are heading there.

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment