Monday, December 8, 2014

The weekend with Toby's party

Hi,

What an amazing weekend.  We jammed so much stuff into it.  Friday night Benjamin came and looked after Toby while Mike and I went out for our fifteenth wedding anniversary.  We got tickets to see Empire and it was great!  Go see it if it comes near you.  Best described as a burlesque acrobatic evening, I guess.  Funny and amazing.  Mike and I loved it.  We wandered home and I dropped Benjamin home.

Next morning we were up early.  I went out to see Jo to pick up the amazing cake she had made for Toby's party.  She had a late night trying to make two cakes.  Given ours was amazing, I am pretty sure Ryan's cake was just as good.  The cake was a huge hit.

Paintball fun!

Mike went to collect the Mighty Red Gallant from Sally and Andrew at 11am so we could transport enough boys around.  A carload of boys were at our place by 11.30 so I drove them out to the Paintball place at Manor Park and we got started.  Mike arrived a little later with Magnus and Rob dropped Jake off after the first game.  So it all worked out well.

Getting geared up
 They had good weather and enjoyed themselves a lot.

In-between games

Toby looks incredible

Mike has reacted to the disinfectant in the foam in the mask
 However, Mike was allergic to the disinfectant in the foam in the mask.  He was so swollen around his eyes.  Poor guy.

We fed the boys at home and had the awesome cake.  Some boys went up to do some boxing before Mike went to his evening Nepal meal.  Then some went down to the park to play for quite a while.
Afternoon tea

Look at that cake!  Paintball theme.

Close up of Mike's face after the swelling has subsided a bit

Then we got pizza in and the all watched Commando on the TV downstairs.  I slept on the floor in the lounge and was asleep by the time Mike got home.  Mike took devices off the kids and eventually they all went to sleep.

Breakfast!
 Next morning Mike cooked up sausages and they ate through a mountain of cereal and sausages.  Amazing.  Lucky I don't have 8 boys to feed all the time.

Decorating the tree

Then I went out to do some shopping.  Busy.  And raining so hard.  I was largely unsuccessful finding things on my list.  But I picked up a tree on my way home and Toby decorated it!  Result!

Took loads of shots of Toby looking very cute

I took photos of Toby for fun.  He was looking very gorgeous.  We then piled into the car and headed out to Sally and Andrew's place for tea.  Toby got a chocolate fountain for a present so we loaded that up and had great fun after dinner, dunking fruit and marshmallows.

Toby was exhausted after his weekend so Mike took him home early.  I drove home a bit later in the MX-5 and we all fell asleep.

Toby's second last day at school today for the year.  Wow - the year has gone so fast.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment