Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Tuesday with glorious weather

Hi,

Yep - that was the best Tuesday of the summer so far.  Beautiful day.  No wind.  Blue skies.  The whole day!

I saw Aidan for lunch and caught up with a lot of her news.  I hadn't really seen her for a few weeks.  Her work has been crazy.  We organised a play date for Toby this Friday at her place with her boys.  Toby will love that.  I actually ended up taking Aidan home too - on my way to collect Toby.

I picked up Toby, shoved towel, togs, pillow and sleeping bag into his overnight bag and then realised I'd left his present at work.  So we drove down in the wee green car, slowed to a crawl past work and Mike threw in the present and card as we drove by.  Hahahah.

Dropped Toby off at Tris's place in Khandallah.  I chatted for about an hour to Emma, Emma's mother (Mary) and Sally (Isaac's mother) over a cup of tea.  Very nice.  And the view is jaw dropping from Emma's house.  Absolutely stunning.

Drove back home and started tidying the spare room.  Every now and then it finally accumulates enough rubbish to declare it uninhabitable.  I have at least started and you can at least see the bed and the floor now.  A bit more tonight and it should be done.  Ready for any unexpected guests.

I popped back into town to collect Mike and we dropped into Ange's place for a cup of tea on her deck and watched the sun setting in the far west.  Her cats were smooching and Mike loved it.

Steel - looking very pleased

Sunset over Karori

Then back home and I was asleep in seconds.  Mike though - he had a migraine during the night.  Poor fellow.  I am unsure if he will come into work today.  He has so much on though, that I think he will.  Hope he's ok.

We need to collect Toby at the other end of today.

Have a fantastic day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment