Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Monday that was the second last day of work for the year

Hi,

It was tough getting through Monday at work.  It was a day of changeable weather.  I ran in drizzle at 5.30am.  Rode to work with wet roads and rode home in baking heat.  But when I got home, it was lovely.  So hot.  I opened the doors to the deck up and decided we'd have a BBQ that evening.  Mike texted he was on his way home - with Ange!  So I got the BBQ ready and salad and veges.

Mike putting the meat on

We sat around and chatted to Ange for ages.  It was really lovely.  The conversation meandered nicely through stories of travels and work and Christmas plans.

Mike and Toby did some boxing after Ange left and I read before falling asleep.  Mike suggested if there was a world championship at falling asleep, I might be a contender for a medal.  Hahahah.

Today was a lovely ride in.  Bone dry roads.  Left the cars behind somewhere at the top of the hill.  I do have my eye on 4pm though.  Work is closed tomorrow.  I suspect they have realised hardly anyone works productively on Christmas Eve.

So - this might be my last blog for a while.  I am back at work on the 5th of January.  Christmas is almost here.  Yippee!

Have a lovely break.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment