Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Tuesday with nothing - but it was Toby's last day of school

Hi,

Pretty much nothing happened.  I rode home and found Toby there after his half day at school.  It was boring, he said.  Speeches, prize giving.  Three hours in the hall.  Well, he said 300 hours, but that is a pretty good example of Gilberting.  Or is it?  Gilberting is exaggeration to the extent where it might actually be feasible.  I know he never spent 300 hours in the hall.  If he'd said 5 hours, and it was 3, that would be Gilberting.  Of course, it might have been 30 minutes in the hall, and his Gilberting genes made him say 3 hours.  Oh - now I'm unsure.

:-p

Anyhow, he wasn't overly keen on attending the Christmas carols at Wadestown park.  I think he would have gone if I'd convinced him.  But I was all up for staying home too.  The rain was threatening to come down.

Mike worked very late indeed.  So late that I never even stirred when he came home.  It's weird to wake up and find your husband next to you.  Like magic!

Toby and I tried the chocolate bacon.  I wish now we hadn't.  It tasted really weird and we've decided the rest of it is for Mike.  He'll eat anything with chocolate in it.  Toby and I were so excited - this should have been the taste sensation of all time.  But, our faces when we looked at each other told the tale.

I still think cooking up crispy bacon (just how Scotty likes it - not!) and dunking it in Toby's chocolate fountain might be a better idea.

Rode in this morning and got wet.  Yucky weather.  Not summer at all.  I even slept in and didn't bother getting up for my run.  It was raining and blowing hard at 5am.  Hopefully by the time I ride home, it'll be far nicer.

Toby's on holidays!  Woot!

Have a lovely day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment